All Collections
Opening an Account
Collecting Tax Information
Collecting Tax Information

TIN- Tax Identification Number

Mykyta Pavlushyn avatar
Written by Mykyta Pavlushyn
Updated over a week ago

To ensure that we comply with best practice and standards to prevent money laundering we are required to obtain certain tax related information such as national insurance number for individuals (or equivalent for non-UK individuals) and unique tax references for entities (or equivalent for non-UK entities) for each applicable tax residency.

The applicable tax residency will depend on where you live and your circumstances. Please contact a professional tax advisor or check the OECD website for more information on how to determine your tax residency, as WiseAlpha cannot give tax advice.

The requirements to obtain tax information are set by CRS (Common Reporting Standards), FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) and DAC2 (Directive on Administrative Co-operation). The OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) provides additional guidance.

Please note that we will respect your data privacy and that we adopt robust and adequate safeguards to protect your data. We will only disclose your information to the relevant tax authorities if we are legally required to do so.

Did this answer your question?